Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formatting fails when I suppress blank subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 5:08am
Suppressing another Details section above did fix the problem.  Unfortunately, none of the Details sections above Details_v can be suppressed.

The entire group footer is suppressed.

All changes I make,  I have been previewing within Crystal Reports itself.  On a whim I decided to run the work order report like my users would: through an intranet site using Crystal.net.

In Crystal.net, the same work order has pushed the last Details section with printed data onto the second page despite that details section showing up on the first page when previewed in CR itself.

It seems suppressing the blank subreport is not going to cause the problem I feared it would.  As long as there is valid work order data on the second page I'm OK with it.  I just didn't want a blank (except for header and footer) page or for it to print the Details from a second work order with the Header info of the first and the Footer info of the second.

After testing it in Crystal.net, I was thinking about how suppressing an earlier section fixed it and went back and decided to shrink the size of the subreport and its Details section down nearly to slivers.  The subreport is set to 'Can Grow'.  This fixed the problem when previewing it in CR.  It no longer prints the second blank page and with 'Suppress Blank Subreport' checked it no longer combines the two work orders.

So, even though the Details section was suppressed, the section was still was too high to fit on the page which caused CR to freak out.

At this point, I'm going to call this resolved.  If a user stumbles across a combination of two or more work orders that causes this issue when the report is run through Crystal.net, then I'll either revive this question or ask anew.

DBlank & z9962:
Thank you both for all your time and help on this and the other questions I've asked over the last couple of days!  Y'all have been lifesavers.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version