Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: How to run one report over two seperate data sourc Post Reply Post New Topic
BBUILT

Online Status: Offline
Quote BBUILT Replybullet Topic: How to run one report over two seperate data sourc
    Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 6:35pm
Sorry to have bothered anyone - I figured out my error.

I had re-set the Datasource Location through the 'Set Datasource Location" but had not individually re-set each Table.  All working now. 

New to this forum and Crystal - so thanks for having me.  I use Crystal Reports X.  I have two databases which I connect to through ODBC connection.  Each database has exactly the same data tables.  I wish to run the report created for Database A with the figures from Database B.

I have changed the current connection to Database B and logged off from Database A.  I also went into Set Datasource location and updated to be Database B.  However, when I refresh the report, it still results in Database A's data. 

As a double check, I created a new report.  This new reports is drawing from Database B, so I know that is the source of my connection. 

Is anyone able to advise me on what I am missing? is there something hard coded in the report which may be preventing me from switching datasources?  I am looking for an easier solution than re-creating the report.  Thanks

Edited by BBUILT - 29 Sep 2014 at 7:34pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version