Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show group headers even when no records Post Reply Post New Topic
wwoaustin

Online Status: Offline
Quote wwoaustin Replybullet Topic: Show group headers even when no records
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 6:26am
I am trying to get a report to show what are basically group headers with or without records. I have interval based headers 8:30a,9:30a, etc and I ideally if my employees are performing correctly I should have records in each group. I would like to see group headers with no records so I can spot opporunities for coaching where nothing was done.

I need to filter the records in the table with the data so left joining to a table of headers has not worked.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Austin
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:06am
since there are no records, there is not any data for the header either...probably.

what you would need to do is get an empty row in the data. If you had a table of times, and then left joined to that for who was in each time period, then your headers should show up (providing that the headers are times).

If you use a stored proc, you could add in empty rows, a left join might do, depends on what you have to work with and/or what you can do in the database...like creating a table of time intervals (if that idea works for you). I know that not every report writer has the ability to create stored procs or to change table structures.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version