Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode. Post Reply Post New Topic
azharrahi

Online Status: Offline
Quote azharrahi Replybullet Topic: Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode.
    Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 12:20pm
Hello how are all here
I am working on a web site developed in ASP.Net. this web site also includes Crystal Reports version 9.
Now the problem is that when I try to run any crystal report it throws the following error
'Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode.'
I have come to know that this is happened due to absence for merge modules of crystal reports version 9. So I also installed the same merge module, but still it is throwing the above error.

The product version of Crystal Reports as shown by file properties are 9.1.0.0 and shown by properties on VS.Net 2005 is 9.1.5000.0. I dont know the reason of this difference.
Can any body help me regarding this problem ?
Thanks
Azhar Rahi
Web Developer
PTI, USA
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 5:20am

When you created your setup application to install the merge modules did you enter the correct keycode in the the appropriate place. I have some distant recollection this error can show if the keycode is missing. You will find the place to enter the keycode in the properties window for the merge modules.

Regards,

John W.

IP IP Logged
azharrahi

Quote azharrahi Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 1:22pm
Can you tell me where the appropriate place is? During set up installation of merge modules I did not find ever any place where to write the KeyCodeV2Lib.dll. Can you tell me where this property exists please?
Azhar Rahi
Web Developer
PTI, USA
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 2:21pm
You do not add the .dll instead you use the merge modules. When you click on the merge modules the property box in VS Studio populated. I forget where this is but look through the properties and you will find one labeled keycode. That is where you enter keycode. You get the key code from the menu option under help About Visual Studio. When you open that you will see a listbox showing the various Visual Studio items installed, one of those will be Crystal Reports. Cick on CR so it is highlighted then select copy info. I always paste the code to Notepad. You will see the long number broken down by hyphens. That is the keycode. It is not the registration number.

I am using CR2008 and this is now several versions ago, but I believe this is still is the correct instructions. If not I hope someone on the forum will correct any errors on my part.

Hope this helps

John W.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 2:59pm

The merge modules should show up under "Detected Dependencies" in your setup project.  The file name will be something like crystalreports11_5_net_2005.msm.  Click on it.

In the properties window, open up "MergeModuleProperties".  KeyCode is at the bottom of the list after all of the "Install" properties.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version