Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cascading parameter list issue Post Reply Post New Topic
ccc2

Online Status: Offline
Quote ccc2 Replybullet Topic: Cascading parameter list issue
    Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 8:50am
Hi everyone,

I have a Crystal Report that I've designed using v14.0.4.738 RTM which has a cascading parameter list. The first choice is a vendor, and the second is a receiving report #. In Crystal Reports designer, the cascading parameters work as expected: The first list is populated with vendor names, and upon picking a vendor, the receiving report list shows reports associated with that vendor.

When viewing the report through the Crystal Server Central Management Console (CMC), I get prompted to choose a vendor name, but there is no drop-down list displayed on the screen.

Any ideas?

IP IP Logged
Sastry

Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 12:40am
Hi

It is because, when you save a crystal reports with dynamic /dynamic cascading prompts, then it will create a Business View and List of Values in BO Enterprise.

If you open crystal reports in designer and edit cascading prompt then it will show you the List of Value object under 'Existing' radio button. Remember that name.

Now go in Business View Manager (connect the same repository) then schedule the list of value and see whether the schedule is success or not.  If that is success then you will get list of values in your report, else need to check the error message and resolve that error to get list of values.

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
user_4880

Quote user_4880 Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 10:01am

I have a similar issue. It shows me the drop down values when refreshed in the designer or if I save the report on my desktop and open it to refresh.

but when I save the report on the Enterprise location and open it to refresh the report doesnt show the drop down values. It doesnt work in BI Launch pad either.

I tried scheduling the LOV from Business View Manager and I get a error "you do not have rights to 'edit objects' on object ".

can this be the cause of the issue? not having complete rights?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version