Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: How to show the Chart value as tooltip? Post Reply Post New Topic
espresso

Online Status: Offline
Quote espresso Replybullet Topic: How to show the Chart value as tooltip?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:18pm

Hi,

I am currently having a request from our client which says the value should be displayed like the tooltips when they move the mouse over the chart object. yes, it is reasonable because sometime when each value shows, the whole histogram will become so messy if the chart object gets piles of data in it.

Upon the request, I did lots of research and It seems there is no way to configure as the tooltip mode or to do some script for the Chart Object. I utilize the CR.net 2005 for the time being. when I try not to show the value of the data axle, I cannot find a way to display the value when the CR report is opened in the IE explorer. however when I preview the CR report in the VS2005 IDE, the value can disaply as tooltip. I am wondering why BO CrystalReport experts did not make this function (data displays as tooltip in preview) into the IE explorer.

Any one could help? it will be greatly appreciated for your advice or response.

dave

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 11:19am
The CR Charts aren't as robust as most people would like. Plus, having tooltips work when viewed in IE would probably require quite a bit of programming on their part. When there are so many other features lacking in CR Charts, I doubt if this request would get put on the priority list. 
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
espresso

Quote espresso Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 9:20pm

Hi Mr Brian,

Thanks for your reply. however I am still wondering why BO CR experts did not make this function (data displays as tooltip in preview) into the IE. probably is there any trick that I can configure to achieve?

dave
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version