Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Database Vendor Code :18456 Post Reply Post New Topic
paul2u

Online Status: Offline
Quote paul2u Replybullet Topic: Database Vendor Code :18456
    Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:30am
I have developed an application using Visual Studio.Net 2010 / Crystal Reports for .NET Framework.
This report work GREAT when I run it in design view, however when I install it on the clients PC I get a "Database Vendor Code :18456" Error code.  I installed this application on my computer from which I developed the app and am still getting the same Error.  This report is connecting to SQL server using "SQL Server Native Client 10.0"
The Database is on a Windows Server 2008 using SQL Server version 2008 R2. with MDAC Version 6.0.6001.18000 and .Net Framework 2.0.50727.3623.

ANY Suggestions is greatly apprciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 8:57am
When you get a "Database Vendor Code" error, this means that the error code was passed back from the database.  So, this is a SQL Server error, not a Crystal error.  Doing a quick Google search on SQL Server Error Code 18456 brings up over 85,000 results.  One of them should help you figure out what you need to do to resolve the issue.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
paul2u

Quote paul2u Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 9:45am
Thanks Dell.  I think that I have figued it out.  I updated my Driver to a SQL Native Driver for SQL Server 2005 and all of my problems went away.  Thanks for your response.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version