Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Barcode Range Values Post Reply Post New Topic
PPCrystalLogin

Online Status: Offline
Quote PPCrystalLogin Replybullet Topic: Barcode Range Values
    Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:23am
Hello,

I have been struggling with this for a while now, but I need a way to generate barcode labels in Crystal Reports.  Here's out it works, when the report is run, two parameters are asked for, a lower bound value and an upper bound value.  So, if for example, a user types in a lower bound value of 1 and and upper bound value of 100, the report will generate barcodes with labels from 1 to 100.  I accomplished this by using a command object and creating a field with a temporary SQL table that appends the values until the upper bound is reached and with my SQL field I simply place it within the details section of my barcode report.  The problem here is that common users need to view this report, and some might now have elevated privleages to perform the task of creating a temporary SQL table -- not only that but it requires a connection to a database everytime it is run.

I initially was trying to use arrays in a formula field to spit out the results, but CR XI (which is what I am using) has that annoying feature not being able to return array values.  So as you can see I am currently forced to use the SQL option.

Don't get me wrong, the SQL option is a neat trick in itself, but I'd prefer to keep away from a database when all this report is doing is generating range values to be displayed in a details section of a barcode report.

Any help will GREATLY be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by PPCrystalLogin - 09 May 2013 at 10:28am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version