Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: After deployment, Crystal Report does not works Post Reply Post New Topic
sanjay_shakya

Online Status: Offline
Quote sanjay_shakya Replybullet Topic: After deployment, Crystal Report does not works
    Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 4:15am
Hi,
         This is Sanjay Shakya, I am facing a problem when we are deploying the project we are unable to see the crystal reports, Well we are using vb.net2.0 and mysql. When we are using VS IDE then we have no any problem in crystal reports that means it works fine and showing all reports but when we deploy this project and execute the exe file then all things are working except reports, One thing more, there is no any error msg, when we click on specific report option, Crystal reports window comes without any data. I am really facing problem related to this issue, if anyone have any solution then please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by sanjay_shakya - 28 Dec 2007 at 4:18am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 6:39am
Have you checked that the installation package properly installed all the CR modules on your computer? In the Articles section of this website, I have a link to a versioning tool that will scan your computer and report which libraries have been installed on your computer and their version. You should run this on both computers to see if anything is missing. Ideally, you should go to the CR support site and download the latest service pack and the related merge modules and rebuild your application  and the installation package using these new merge modules. This will make sure your project is as bug-free as possible.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 9:47am

Here is another possibility or two...

When the viewer opens is does the report load but shows no data? Typically this is a white background. If so I would check the data connections and queries.  Generally when this happens to me that is where I find the solution. If the backrground is white, generally I find that to mean there is no data being returned. 
If it is a gray background you likely are not connecting to the database or the report itself is not loading. Brian's merge module solution might resolve the problem.

I would also look at the deployed app to make certain the database permissions are correct.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version