Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formatting Images Horizontally Post Reply Post New Topic
GroennDemon

Online Status: Offline
Quote GroennDemon Replybullet Topic: Formatting Images Horizontally
    Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 5:34am
In my report, there is a sub-report which contains images that are loaded from a database BLOB (using ADO.NET).
This works pretty well, except for the fact that the images are printed vertically instead of horizontally.
I have tried checking the "multiple columns" option in the detail section's properties, and I've also experimented with the width of the section - but to no avail.
No matter what I do, the images will still be printed vertically.

What am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 10:58am
Unfortunately, I haven't come across this problem before. Hopefully someone else here has and can give you some advice.

I wonder, is this an APS.NET app? Maybe you can check the page source and see how what formatting tags its sending to the browser.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
GroennDemon

Quote GroennDemon Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 12:00pm
Yes, it was ASP.NET's fault... I had to restart IIS for it to reload the DLL that contains my report.

So now I've finally managed to arrange the images horizontally.
But how can I center them on the page?
Let's say there's space for three images, but the database (my ADO.NET DataSet) only contains two images. Then I want those two images to be centered on the page (or right-aligned, I'll have to find out what looks better).

I've already set the sub-reports alignment accordingly, so that the sub-reports title is aligned correctly in design mode.
But when I print the report, the images will still be left-aligned.
Where's the option I haven't found yet?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 12:31pm
Well, I've never tried this before (I'll let you be the guniea pig!). It's easy to put a textbox on the crystal report and then add data fields to it so that they are always lined up next to each other (self concatenating). Can you do the same with images? If so, set the textbox to be centered. It's a long-shot, but will only take a minute to find out if it works or not.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
GroennDemon

Quote GroennDemon Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 1:50pm
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version