Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Getting rid of duplicates II Post Reply Post New Topic
Karoline

Online Status: Offline
Quote Karoline Replybullet Topic: Getting rid of duplicates II
    Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 5:03am
Hi,
I'm doing a list of Top 60 Agents in Crystal 2008 and I need to get rid of duplicates.  At the moment, the report will only sort identical company names together and count them.   Is there a way to sort 'like' but not identical company names/phrase together and count them as being the same thing.
For example, if a company name has been entered in 3 records in 3 different formats such as 'MacMillan Associates' 'MacMillan Assoc.' and 'MacMillan Ltd.', I need Crystal to count them as the same company, instead of 3 different companies.  This problem can refer to any number of different names on the list, so I'm not talking about looking for '*MacMillan*' and grouping it.
Thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 8:28am
This is a data quality issue and there is no simple, reliable way to do this in Crystal itself.

If you have the option to create a new table in the database, you could create a cross-reference table  that would contain each of the possible names along with whatever name is the "Clean" name.  You then add this table to the report, join it in, and group on the clean name instead of the company name.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version