Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Different Second Page Post Reply Post New Topic
tucker2m

Online Status: Offline
Quote tucker2m Replybullet Topic: Different Second Page
    Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:01am
I have a report that needs to be a two page report with object information appearing continuing from Page 1 skipping Page 2 and continuing with subsequent pages.   I can achieve this by putting my "conditions" that should always be Page 2 in my header section and suppressing if does not equal Page 2.  If the final report is a multi-page report, then this works perfectly.  However, if only enough information is generated to appear on 1 page, then I cannot get the separate "conditions" to pull into the report (which has to do with suppressing this section if it does not equal Page 2).  

I have tried creating a group and add the conditions as a Group Footer, however, some of my information is then pulling into the report on subsequent pages.

Any suggestions on how to create a report that forces object information that would normally appear on Page 2 to skip to Page 3 and following pages?    Here is what my report looks like:
Report Header
Page Headers a-c (suppress if not = first page)
Page Header d (suppress if not = second page this is my conditions section that we always want to generate on page 2 of report)
Page Headers e-f (suppress if = first page)
Details - object/report detail info (using subreport here for some of the info)
Report Footer - suppress
Page Footer (suppress if = second page)

If information in the Details section is more than 1 page, then the report performs perfectly.  However, if the information in Details section only generates one page, then I cannot get the report to generate a second page with my condition information.  Basically I want to write a two page report with my object info appearing on page 1, skipping page 2 and then being added to subsequent pages.  Is this possible?  Right now I just run my report and then copy a word document to the reverse of the first page in order to achieve this.  Thanks for help (if anyone has had to use this type of reporting). 

Maureen

Edited by tucker2m - 17 Jan 2013 at 10:19am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 6:46am
I assume that you always want the conditions to appear on page 2, even if there's only one page of data.  Is that correct?

Try this....
1.  Go to the Section Expert for the bottom details line.
2.  Click on the formula button for the "New Page After" option.
3.  Enter the following formula:

OnLastRecord and PageNumber = 1

This will force a page break at the end of the data only if the end of the data is on the first page.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
tucker2m

Quote tucker2m Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 11:36am
Hi Dell,

sorry for the late reply about this.  Yes, I am trying to force the report to always print two pages with the conditions always appearing on the second page.  I tried the formula below and I had to tweak the rest of my report, but so far so good with forcing 2 page report.  I haven't tried with mulitple pages yet, but so far everything is running properly. Thanks for the advice/suggestion - much appreciated.

Maureen
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version