Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: help for this strange problem Post Reply Post New Topic
SHIVPREET2K1

Online Status: Offline
Quote SHIVPREET2K1 Replybullet Topic: help for this strange problem
    Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:30pm
Dear friends

I have created an application in visual studio 2008 with c# for coding and crytal reports for the reporting. backend database is mysql.

I have created many reports which are working fine not only in my development machine but also on testing machine.

but now i have embeded a sub report in one of the report. that report is working fine on my development system. but it crashes the whole software as soon as i deploy it on testing machineAngry.

I am clueless Cry what to do. I have tried to configure odbc on test machine (as pointed to me by some of google searches about the problem) but it still remains the same.

Please help me to correct this error. thanks in advance.

one more thing, i have linked the sub report with crystal report itself so i m not passing any query or parameter to the sub report from my c# application.

any help/guidance willl be appriciated.

Shivpreet2k1
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:06am

What is the specific error you're getting?  Which object model are you using - CrystalViewer or ReportDocument? Are you specifically setting the database connection for the sub-report tables in code or just for the tables in the main report?  Please post the code you're using to set up and run the report.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version