Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: How to print multiple reports! Post Reply Post New Topic
atp2K3

Online Status: Offline
Quote atp2K3 Replybullet Topic: How to print multiple reports!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:47am

Hello all,

I have an ASP.NET Crystal Report application that display the school statistic report data based on user selection for school name then populate classes are associated with its school. My current design to print each report based on school name and class that the user select from drop down lists named school name and class. 

More details on my ASP.NET GUI as following:

There are two comboBoxes named SCHOOL and CLASS. In SCHOOL dropdownlist, there are two different school such A, B. If the user select A from dropdownlist that populate two items: class 1, and class 2; otherwise, class 3 and class 4 for school B. Based on user selection parameters to pass to stored procedure for calculating the aggregated formula such MIN, MAX, AVG, etc... and then store in DataSet for using Crystal Report push method to display data. The report design layout is similar for each report by school and class. I would like to print on big report that including School A and Class 1, School A and Class 2, School B and Class 1, School B and Class 2 using one button press to export all in PDF file.

Please be advice with your expertise knowledge how to overcome this issue. Is it posible to setup
            parameters to loop thru in ASP.NET front end to Crystal Report? 
            Thanks in advance for help to work around above issue.   

Edited by atp2K3 - 05 Jul 2012 at 3:51am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:55am
You cannot iterate through the prompts in code, run the report for each, and have the data automatically go to a single PDF - each run of the report would go to a separate PDF. You would have to write code that would combine the separate PDF files into a single one.

However, you could change the report to accept multiple selections for each of the parameters.  That way the user could select all of the schools and all of the classes that they want to see, run the report, and get them all in the same PDF file.
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version