Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: IIS having problem with Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Enzyme80

Online Status: Offline
Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Topic: IIS having problem with Crystal Reports
    Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 1:52pm
Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_dao.dll' could not be loaded.  

On the development computer I was able to create an asp.net web page and add a crystal report and everything worked.  Finally setup a computer as a web server running IIS and when anyone even the development computer goes to the web page and tries to preview the page that is holding the report they get Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_dao.dll' could not be loaded.  

I have done some searching but have come up blank.  I found a site for windows 98 (we are all on XP) and gave it a shot but it did not work.  
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 2:55pm
Have you checked to make sure the DLL is on your computer? I would reboot and then do a reinstall to make sure everything got installed and registered correctly.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Enzyme80

Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 5:38am

I am the development computer and it all worked running it through visual studio.  It just doesnt work on the web server, this computer also has visual studio installed and if you run the web page through visual studio everything comes up.  I am going to double check this dll file and will let you know.

IP IP Logged
Enzyme80

Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 6:30am
Ok after double checking the crdb_dao.dll file was on the web server and registering it the crystal report comes up on the web  page however the business objects toolbar does not come up. it looks like a graphic that has not been loaded however I can mouse what is there and it does allow me to click print and the other options, the graphic does not show. have you ever seen this?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 7:52am
Here is a similar post I made about VS 2003. It might be helpful for your problem as well.
Crystal Reports Toolbar

Edited by BrianBischof - 15 Nov 2007 at 7:53am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Enzyme80

Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 12:31pm
Thanks for the links Brian.
I have still not been able to get the red X to go away or the graphic to show up but I am in the process of going back through each step to see if I missed something.
IP IP Logged
Enzyme80

Quote Enzyme80 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2007 at 8:16am
I am not sure if it had to do with anything else that I tried but i finally ended up copying the appnet_client folder from the default direction ie C:\Inetpub\wwwroot  and put it into my directory where I installed the website.  Thanks for the links they gave good insight into things I should be looking for.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version