Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Adding COC section to Packing Slip Report Post Reply Post New Topic
andreamw

Online Status: Offline
Quote andreamw Replybullet Topic: Adding COC section to Packing Slip Report
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 5:52am
Hi!
I'm trying to add a Certificate of Conformance(section) to a Crystal Reports packing slip report.  When applicable(if certs field from Customer Master is checked), the COC should print for each detail line-after the Packing Slip itself prints.  The report has two groups, one for packing slip number and the second group is for the detail lines on the packer.  I put the COC info in the Group Footer for the detail lines.  So, it's printing a packing slip for the first detail line, then the COC for that part, then packing slip for the second line, then the COC for that part, etc.  I understand why it's doing this and have tried it in the Group  Footer for the packer number and the Report Footer  and obviously only get a COC to print out for the last line on the packer.  Where do I put this thing?! Help! 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:59am
i would write the subreport to print all the COC's at one time, this way you can put the subreport in the Report Footer and you will get all the COC's.  The linking from the main report to the subreport would be just enough to select the correct records that match the packing slip.

at least that is what I would first start with...

it should work, but I've been wrong before.
IP IP Logged
andreamw

Quote andreamw Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:10am

Sorry I never replied to this.  I received your answer, along with someone else's the same day.  They were both to use a subreport.  I didn't even think about it-was just getting back into using crystal at the time.  Thank you for your help!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version