Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: After data are formatted in the sections! Post Reply Post New Topic
ilsoless

Online Status: Offline
Quote ilsoless Replybullet Topic: After data are formatted in the sections!
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 6:54am
Hello forum,
I am looking for an event that gets fired in vb after the Crystal Report Viewer has displayed all the data and thus after all the pages are complete.
Does this kind of event exist and what is it?
Thank you in advance.
Great day,
Andrea

Edited by ilsoless - 19 Jul 2011 at 7:15am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 4:01am
as far as I know, CR doesn't inform / raise any events that it is done...perhaps the viewer, but I doubt it.

you would think though...

but then on the other hand, why?  Reports are usually viewed, and the human knows when it is done.

automating an report to email, might be a reason.

alas, my company doesn't do this, so I have never looked into it....I seem to recall something about scheduling reports, perhaps that takes care of it.

Edited by lockwelle - 22 Jul 2011 at 4:02am
IP IP Logged
ilsoless

Quote ilsoless Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 4:40am
Thank you for your reply.
I confirm what you say; i did not find anything regarding raising any events by the CR viewer.

The only reason why I needed this because the CR viewer was slow on designing in its form container due to the heavy data.
My work around was improving the dataset for the report and at the end I did the follow which works very well for my needs:

1. I call the form that contains the CR viewer and I pass the report to the form in the form "New" event. (At this point the dataset has been previously assigned to the report)

2. Meanwhile the form is loading and designing with not weird slow motion;

3. On the "Shown" event the report is assigned to the CR viewer and data are displayed.

These 3 small steps killed over 50% of the delay and the entire form design process is pretty smooth and pleasant for the user.

Also - since I am using the xml schema for the report - I pre-filter the data when populating my dataset and everything now works fine.
Thank you for your reply and your interest on my post.
I hope my solution can help somebody else since using xml schema is pretty tricky if you don't reduce the amount of data drastically when coming from huge tables.

Edited by ilsoless - 22 Jul 2011 at 4:43am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version