Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Arabic reports Post Reply Post New Topic
crproblemman

Online Status: Offline
Quote crproblemman Replybullet Topic: Arabic reports
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 1:53am
Hi
I have a set of arabic and english report layouts created.It works well in CR viewer and also after exporting.I am using java program to generate these reports which works well with the english reports.It picks the parameters required to retrieve data from a file.and using those values it substitutes into the sql query which retrieves data.and the layout is picked with respect to the report name given in the file.and the retrieved data are placed properly and report is generated.it works successfully.

But !!!!!when i use the same program to generate arabic reports it does generate..but the arabic text all are in the reverse format. example - the cow ran..the result shown in arabic report will be like this.. anr woc eht...
the arabic language is added already in the OS(win xp). and the font used is arial. i tried with arabic transparent font also.but it gave result with quesion  marks.
PLS HELP!!Cry i need to deliver the arabic reports  very soon..Thanks in advance..

Edited by crproblemman - 24 Jan 2011 at 3:12am
IP IP Logged
crproblemman

Quote crproblemman Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 1:54am
i am using crystal reports in Visual studio 2005.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 3:21am
I am guessing that you need to the change the 'Reading Order:' to be correct for the version of the report.  This can be done dynamically be creating a in each text box of the report, format text, paragraph tab, x-2 button
something like:
if {table.fieldAsFlag} = true then
 crLeftToRightTextReadingOrder
else
 crRightToLeftTextReadingOrder

The unknown part is the if statement, at least to me.

HTH
IP IP Logged
crproblemman

Quote crproblemman Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:50pm
thanks lockwell
"creating a<missing> in each text box of the report" i guess the missing word is 'formula'..anyways when we try editing the text and when we go to paragraph tab there is reading order option..from left to right and right to left..but there is no x-2 button as u said for entering the code....and this option i had checked right to left from the beginning as it is arabic...but even if its left to right it doesnt make much difference...so it doesnt solve..pls help me...
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 3:08am
Sorry to hear that.  I don't the original vs2005 install anymore...my company has moved to vs2008 and cr2008.  The option is available in both CR XI and CR 2008, but the version in VS2005 is version 10.x, so it might not be available.

Yes, I missed the 'formula' which would have been the logic in the x-2 button. Without upgrading, the only other solution is to create 2 reports, one for English and one for Arabic...at least that is all that comes to mind.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version