Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: strange data in subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
BBeindhoven

Online Status: Offline
Quote BBeindhoven Replybullet Topic: strange data in subreport
    Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 10:24pm
Hello,

I have a problem for which I didn't find a solution yet on the internet.
I have a report that contains two subreports that both contain unexpected data when deployed/distributed on a computer on which the report is not development.
Both subreports work fine after deployment when they are used as main reports (not as a subreport).

The subreports work fine on my development computer, but when deploying/distributing the generated DLL to other computers, both subreports shows strange data.
The subreports show approximately 10 times more records then expected.
The extra unexpected data are records that are in the main report, which still shows correct data after deployment.

The report contains a subreport in the report header section and a subreport in the report footer section.
The main reports and subreports get data from a database using a OLE DB (ADO) connection.
The subreports and the main report all use a different query/command on the database.

I am using Cryistal reports 10.2 and visual studio 2005.
The VS2005 project generates a DLL (containing several reports) that is copied to a plugin directory of a program.
This program (Sage ACT 10 2008 premium) loads the DLL and via a menu the reports can be generated.
The computers on which the DLL is deployed have several .NET framework versions installed (1.1,2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1)
and Crystal report for .NET framework 2.0(x86) version 10.2.

This problem looks a little bit similar to the problem described on
http://thedailyreviewer.com/dotnet/view/crystal-reports-sub-report---very-weird-problem-105129438
unfortunately nobody replied to that post.

I hope somebody knows the solution or can point me in the right direction!
Any help is very appriciated!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version