Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Cryst. Report ask for user DB dynamic parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
josoriofe

Online Status: Offline
Quote josoriofe Replybullet Topic: Cryst. Report ask for user DB dynamic parameters
    Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 3:20am
Hi,

I've got a problem when a publish a Crystal Report in my BOXI (Business Objects XI or Crystal Report Server). I've created a Crystal Reports and it works ok, I execute it in Crystal Report designer and everything is ok. My problem comes when I publish it in BOXI, it ask each time I execute it for user and pw database. My report has one parameter and I've checked that only happens if I use dynamic parameter, if I use static parameter, when I publish the report only ask for ther data of the parameter and not for the user and pw DB previously. I want to use dynamic parameter instead static.

Any idea why it's happening that?

Regards!!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:11am
When you have a dynamic parameter/prompt in a report that is published to BO or CRS, the prompt itself is stored in the "Repository" and needs to be configured using the Business View Manager (BVM).  If you don't have a shortcut to the BVM, the application is CrystalBVM.exe and it can be found in the win32_x86 folder of you BO or CRS installation.

1.  Run the BVM and log in to you CMS.

2.  In the Repository Explorer, open the "Dynamic Cascading Prompts" folder.

3.  You should see a set of 6 objects that have the same name as your prompt, one of which is a "Prompt Group" and four of which end with and underscore and two letters. .

4.  Double-click on the one that ends in "_DC".  This is your Data Connection.  In the Object Explorer, right-click on the name and select "Edit Password".   Enter the User ID and the Password that your report uses to log in to the database.  If you do NOT want the login screen to appear for the dynamic prompt, change the Runtime Prompt Mode to "Never prompt."  After you've clicked on OK, save the data connection.

5.  The object name that is just the name of your prompt with no other information is the "List of Values".  When running reports outside of BO or CRS, Crystal automatically runs the query to get the values for the prompt at runtime.  When running inside BO or CRS, the List of Values has to be scheduled to run.  If the data never changes, you can run it once.  If it changes frequently, you'll need to run it more often.  This is what the "List of Values" server in your system does.  To schedule the LOV, right-click on the List of Values in the Repository Explorer and select "Schedule List of Values".  I usually do this twice - once as Run Now, after which I wait for a minute or two and go to the properties for the LOV to determine whether it was successful, and then again to set the regular schedule.

After you  have this configured, DO NOT do a Repository Update if you make changes to the report and republish it unless there are significant changes to the SQL - you will overwrite everything you've just configured.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
josoriofe

Quote josoriofe Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 7:38pm
Thanks a lot, I will try. I'll make you know how it's going on.
IP IP Logged
mammoty

Quote mammoty Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 5:20pm
Is there a way to set these values as default in the report? some thing like report default database properties.

Regards
Mkt
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version