Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Printing multiple reports Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 12:11pm

Does your report give only one page for each order, or is it multiple pages?  If it's multiple pages, there's no way I know of to display just the first page for each order - the viewer will show all of the pages for an order and then move to the next order in the list.

Is your order number a field in the database or a formula?

Does the report work when you have no order number selection criteria? 

If so, then use the Select Expert  to select the order number field "Is one of" and then add several order numbers, one at a time.  Does the preview give you what you expect?  If so, look at the selection formula that was generated and use that syntax to set up the select from your application. 

This was what Brian was telling you to do, but you must start completely without the order number part of your selection criteria to make sure that the report itself is working correctly.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
abhi81

Quote abhi81 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 12:57pm

Thanks Brian and hilfy,

I think i will be able to do what i wanted to. I had to change the design and it seems to be working ok. Only a few minor changes required. At the end of each report I want to insert a blank page with the new order number and reset the page number before inserting the blank page. I know there is property Reset page number after but i haven't used it before.

Also I had create Group header #1b to put in the text objects acting as a header for each field in the detail section. I want to suppress this group if there are no more records for order details. How can achive this? I am sure it must be possible.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 1:00pm
On the section, put a suppress formula of "IsNull({detail field})" where "detail field" is the field that identifies an order detail.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
abhi81

Quote abhi81 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 1:44pm
Thanks Hilfy,
I was able to suppress the section as desired using the concept of pagenumber but i tried your suggestion and that works too.

You did not make any notes on my other question that was:
"At the end of each report I want to insert a blank page with the new order number and reset the page number before inserting the blank page. I know there is property Reset page number after but i haven't used it before."

Could you please shed some light on it as well.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2007 at 1:51pm

Format the footer section for the group, and turn on Reset Page Number After.

Create a new header section for the Order Number group.  Make it the first header section for the group.  Put on it the information that you want to have appear on the "blank page".  Format the section and check "New Page After".  If you want the rest of the order information to start at Page 1, you'll also check "Reset Page Number After".

-Dell
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version