Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
techie3

Online Status: Offline
Quote techie3 Replybullet Topic: Multiple Subreports
    Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 7:35am
Im looking to build like 3-4 subreports within a main report.  I created so far 2 subreports and placed them as Detail sections.  I pass parameters to the form where I have the Crystal Viewer and it works, but I am getting prompted for parameters.  How do I get it to stop prompting?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 2:52pm
Passing parameters can be very complicated to make sure it happens right. It really isn't possible to debug it over the forum. Usually, when you are getting prompted for parameters, then the way you are passing them to the report isn't matching up with what it is expecting. It is easy to get the parameter name wrong (I even think it is case sensitive). Plus, you have to make sure you either just use the viewer object model or the report object model. If you try to pass info to the report using both models then the report object model will overwrite the viewer object model. See, lots of stuff to think about and it can get pretty complicated!  I recommend not using parameters and using formulas instead. Thosse are are easy to get working and never fail.

Hopefully, this might help clear things up a bit. I have a ton of sample code and info about parameters in my CR.NET book. But the best way to go is with formulas.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version