Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Can't verify database Post Reply Post New Topic
howzilla

Online Status: Offline
Quote howzilla Replybullet Topic: Can't verify database
    Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 9:47am

VS2008, Framework 3.5, MSSQL Server 2005, stored procedures, WinForm app and C#. Vista64.

I have a report that works fine.  I need to add a parameter so I change the stored procedure then go to the report in VS2008 and select 'Verify Database.' When the dialog window opens I do not see my new parameter. I set the available parameters and click OK and then get an error telling me the SP expects parameter @x.

I have tried logging off the server and then doing this but it still doesn't work.

I have been working on several reports and on a rare occasion it has worked but usually it does not. I end up having to re-create the entire report which is a pain sometimes.

I have also tried to UPDATE the connection to no avail.

It seems like there is some kind of disconnect between VS2008 and the Crystal stuff. Does any one know how to fix this?

There are two kinds of drivers in this world: those that ride right up on your bumper and those who drive so slow you have to drive right up on their bumper.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 10:33am
This doesn't really have anything to do with VS2008 - it's an ongoing issue with how Crystal handles stored procedures.

I would try adding a second copy of the stored procedure to your report, transferring all of the formulas, groups, fields, etc to use the new one, and then delete the original copy.  It's still a lot of work, but it's easier that recreating completely from scratch.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
howzilla

Quote howzilla Replybullet Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 3:15am
Thank you.  That is a good idea.  I was making hand written notes and going from that. This will be quicker. Smile
There are two kinds of drivers in this world: those that ride right up on your bumper and those who drive so slow you have to drive right up on their bumper.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version