Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
usamaalam

Online Status: Offline
Quote usamaalam Replybullet Topic: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.Crystal
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:58am

I had my VS 2003 web app with CR 10 working fine on Windows 2003 server.  I moved my website to Win 2008 R2 server and then the crystal report is throwing following exception:

The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.

I had CR merge modules installed but no luck.  Finally I installed the whole Crystal Report 10 software on the serer but still getting the same error.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:43am
Do you have version 1.1 of the .NET framework installed on your web server?  If so, do you have the .NET extension for version 1.1 installed in IIS?

I suspect that one of these two is your problem.  However, if both are installed I believe there is some setting in IIS for running in a "legacy" mode (it's been a while since I've working in IIS...) that can be set on the individual folders.  You'll need to look for something like that.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version