Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Adding a table to the report? Post Reply Post New Topic
Seashele

Online Status: Offline
Quote Seashele Replybullet Topic: Adding a table to the report?
    Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 10:35am
Thank you for posting such a helpful site.  I will return often as I have recently been assigned a big CR11 project at work.  If I were to receive one of the books I would be ever so greatful as my company instructed me to read the pdf that came with the software if I need help.

I do have a couple questions.  One is how do I force a page break in the format of my report and the other question is how do I insert a table (table as in the type of table you would insert into a word doc).  I want to have one text obj appear in one box of the table and the result of a query appear in the table/box next to it.

I will check back often to see if anyone knows the answers to my questions.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

SeaShele
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 11:27am
Glad you like the forum!

To force a page break, right-click on the section and select Section Expert. Then enable the property New Page After.

To create a table, you have to fake it. Put a box around the details section and then draw the lines within the detail section. The detail section will be repeated for each row in the table. When you preview it, the report will look like it has a table similar to the Word table. Note that this is a bit tricky and you'll have to play with the formatting a bit before you get something you like. It definitely won't happen the first couple of times around.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Seashele

Quote Seashele Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 12:17pm
Thank you.  I will add the property, that does make sense.  The box however, I believe this was a feature in past versions... I will see what I can make.  I understand that each row of my box needs to be a new details section, is that correct?

SeaShele
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 12:26pm
yes, you have one detail section and then when you print it out all the rows will print one right after the other and look like one big grid (assuming you can get those lines to look good). The box is in the current version (menu Insert | Box). Actually, I think one of the Crystal Report sample reports uses the box, but I can't remember which one. Play around with it to see how it looks.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Seashele

Quote Seashele Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 12:52pm
Ok, thanks.  I got my page break inserted easy enough.

I'll try to play with the boxes at some point but for now I have one big box for each return (or so I think).  :D
SeaShele
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 1:15pm
Boxes can span across multiple sections. Start it in the page header and end it in the page footer. Then there will be one big table for each page.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version