Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Select the last record ,sum in the report footer Post Reply Post New Topic
uakkumaa

Online Status: Offline
Quote uakkumaa Replybullet Topic: Select the last record ,sum in the report footer
    Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:12pm
Got a group of people who uses cards at the golf club to buy accessories and add money on their card. the transaction is recorded in sql database.

heres the sample of the report

Date   Time     transaction      debit           credit             balannce

John
***    ***         buy                  10.00                                20.00
***    ***         add value                            10.00             30.00
                          Total for John 10.00          10.00 

mary
***    ***            buy                 15.00                               45.00
***    ***            buy                 10.00                               35.00
                          Total for mary   25.00         0.00
etc

Then at the report footer we sum the totals of the debit and credits.

What i need to do is to find the formula for the opening balance which will be the first transaction balance plus debit minus Credit.(20.00+10.00-0.00=30.00 for John) which needs to be shown just above 20.00 for john.
The other formula Iam after is to sum the last record of the balance for each group in the report footer. eg. last record for john is 30.00 and last record for mary is 35.00  so the total in the report footer will be 65.00.

Iam new to crystal reports and dont know much of the basic formula. Iam working on the existing report which was created for other reasons so Iam trying to modify the reports .
I will really appreciate if I could get some help please.

ak
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version