Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: adding sql Server driver for crystal server 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
venij

Online Status: Offline
Quote venij Replybullet Topic: adding sql Server driver for crystal server 10
    Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:12am
Hi,

I need to add sql Server driver for crystal server 10 on linux.

The crystal report needs to connect to the database in SQL Server. The crystal server is on the Linux platform. Any ideas on how to connect?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:41am
I don't know much about Linux but this actually isn't really a Crystal issue as such, it's more of a Microsoft vs. Linux issue.  There are two pieces to this:  First you'll have to see if there's a SQL Server client available to install on your Linux box.  Then, since Crystal doesn't natively connect to SQL Server, you'll need to determine whether you can use either ODBC or OLE DB on Linux - this will determine what type of connection your report will need to use in order to connect to the database.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
venij

Quote venij Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 11:14pm
Thank you for the reply.......will work on what you suggested.
IP IP Logged
venij

Quote venij Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:59am
We set up a system DSN on the Linux system that houses the Crystal Server. Am able to connect to this DSN from my Crystal Enterprise.

This is how I connect.........used the option ODBC(RDO)to create new connection. Then entered the connection string as DSN=<dsnname>;User Id=<username>;Password=<password>;
I was thus able to map the tables from the SQl Server DB and published the report to the Crystal Server in Linux system.

In the CMC, I set the DB parameters to the option - Use original database logon information from the report. But when I preview the report, it throws an error saying :

"com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportInteractiveViewer
Failed to retrieve initial report values. For example, the database information for this report could be incomplete or incorrect. This is a configuration problem. Please contact your system administrator."

Any ideas, please help. Fix is required asap.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version