Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Blank page because of print at the bottom of page Post Reply Post New Topic
maniacneron

Online Status: Offline
Quote maniacneron Replybullet Topic: Blank page because of print at the bottom of page
    Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:26am
hello
I am designing a report by using crystal reports 2008.
Problem is there are some sections i want them to print at the bottom of the page.So i check the "print at the bottom of page" for these section.But if one of these section is the last thing in the report it causes a blank page.Otherwise if there are something to print after these sections there is no problem.I unchecked the "print at the bottom of page" for these sections and blank page problem is solved but i need these sections at the end of the page without a blank page after them.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 2:41pm
try using 'Not OnLastRecord' in the x-1 box next to print at bottom of page.  It sounds like you don't want the last item to generate a new page, but the downside, is the last page won't print at the bottom. 

Are there other directives like new page before or new page after. These might be in conflict with the print at bottom of page.
IP IP Logged
maniacneron

Quote maniacneron Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 3:15am
hi again i' ve tried "Not OnLastRecord" for print at bottom of page blank page is not generated but the section at the last page is not at the bottom so it is not a sufficient solution for me.
 I am using "new page after" for section details with condition "Not OnLastRecord and detail<>35" where detail holds the number of the records on per page.

any other idea or clue?

thank you for your interest.

Edited by maniacneron - 19 Oct 2009 at 3:15am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 6:55am
move the not onlastrecord to the x-1 button for the new page after....just suppress the blank page for the last record.
IP IP Logged
maniacneron

Quote maniacneron Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 12:59am
hi lockwelle

thank you for your interest.Finally i got the solution.Problem is not about the "print at bottom of page",there are two subreports after this section and  they are not suppressed when i check suppress blank subreport and suppress blank section. So I suppress the the sections which contains the subreports, according to a parameter and it solved my problem. But i am still confused why it does not suppress the blank section altough i check the "suppress blank section".
Thank you very much again.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 5:46am
must be that subreports were not blank...at least by Crystal's definition

Glad you found a solution.
IP IP Logged
nix1016
Groupie
Groupie

Quote nix1016 Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 2:06am
Hi,

I'm having the same problem but I do not have any subreports after the 1st group footer where i've ticked 'print at bottom of page'. The only other sections are page & report footers which I've tried suppressing to no-avail. I have no new page after or before ticked on any sections so I'm not sure why it's going over to the next page. All I can think of is the page footer which is blank and suppressed... any ideas on why it's doing this?

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version