Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to increase the width of the Report Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 12:21pm
No, there is no "auto fit" feature.  You would have to manually re-size your columns.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
salguod11

Quote salguod11 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 12:22pm
Ugh!  But thank you for a very timely response!
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 12:29pm
I have never seen such an option in CR. I also have never seen such a property exposed when working the CR objects in Visual Studio. That makes me doubtful it exists, but admittedly I could have missed it.

If there is a way for this to happen I also would be interested in knowing about it.

As an aside, I find that I am able to take the report font size down to about 8pt before users complain about small print size. It does make it possible to fit more columns on a page and certainly more rows. That is not the solution you are looking for but it may give you more design room on the portrait postioning of the paper.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
salguod11

Quote salguod11 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 12:35pm
Thank you, John W.  I figured this feature was more of the norm than not amongst leading reporting writing softwares.  The construction accounting software package we use, Sage Timberline, has a report designer module which enables you to do just that.  Adding columns will decrease the font size once the default column width has been consumed.  Turning to landscape and introducing legal size certainly helps maintain visual integrity.  Sometimes, however, after the font size becomes microscopic, a design needs to be rethought!

So, time to CPA (cut, paste, and assemble)!
IP IP Logged
lincongca

Quote lincongca Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 8:33am
I used Crystal Report XI that the page size could be customized as the following way.

Page Setup->( Click on ) the "Printer" Button -> (Select) "MS Office Document Image Printer" -> (Click On) "Properties" -> The "Page" tab in the new pop up window would allow you to setup the page size whatever you want.

IP IP Logged
leburg

Quote leburg Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 5:19am
It an 8 the smallest font along with legal landscape (14in w/0 margin) about the max for the width of a cr?

Edited by leburg - 24 Nov 2015 at 5:20am
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:21am
I have a report that exports to a text file (used as an import to another database).  It is over 130 inches wide.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version