Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: To remove blanks in Details section Post Reply Post New Topic
Jagaveera

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jagaveera Replybullet Topic: To remove blanks in Details section
    Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:29am
Hi
I have a report which displays the following data:
Closure date month, A-listed companies, B-listed companies, C-listed companies, Count and Total Contract value($).
I have grouped the data based on closure date month and displayed month, count and TCV($) for tat particular month in the group header.
In the details section i hav listed the  A-listed companies, B-listed companies, C-listed companies as three columns in the format COMPANY NAME(INDIVIDUAL TCV$) by concatinating the fields.
The problem is, since the A, B, C-listed companies are fetched from the same field Company name, i have a blank in the B-listed and C-listed columns where a Company occurs in the A-listed column and vice versa for other columns as well.
I dont need that blanks to be displayed. If i hav 3 values each in the three columns, i need those data to be displayed as such in the first three rows.
Is there a possibility to do this?..please help me out Confused
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:45am
This is a tough one.  If the data is basically one row, then Crystal is going to display the 3 items in one Detail Section row.  You can make 3 rows, by laying out the data that way, but it will always be 3 rows, even if 2 are blank.  What you might try, is a formula that concatenates your 3 items with linefeeds and display that in a field that has 'Can Grow' turned on.  I don't guarantee that this will work, but it is what I would try in this situation.
IP IP Logged
Jagaveera

Quote Jagaveera Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:37am
Hi Lockwelle,

Initially our design was like that only. We concatinated all the available data with line feeds and we got that perfectly as we wanted.
But our client asked us to display certain companies (which were of greater importance) with a different font color.
I guess coloring a particular section within a concatinated field can not be done, so we changed the entire design. In this design i can color the fields as i wish but facing this blanks problem.
If in case there is any possibility where i can color a section of data in a field, please inform me. 
I have been tired of exploring the alternatives for the past one week. Please help me out guys Cry
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil

Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:29am
Off the top of my head, could you create your detail line by embedding the fields in a text box, instead of concatenating them?  The you could colour each one differently. Might take a bit of formatting to line 'em up, though.
IP IP Logged
Jagaveera

Quote Jagaveera Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:48am

Hi,

I actually have two designs. In the initial design, as u suggest, i have embedded the fields in the details section in which i have that blank values as a problem. I can color each field in this design as i wish but this blank values are hindering my progress.

In the next design, I have concatenated the values and placed them in the report footer section. In this design, i could not color part of the field data.
IP IP Logged
Jagaveera

Quote Jagaveera Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 10:03pm
Hi all,

Can anyone trace a solution for this Confused
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version