Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: templates? Post Reply Post New Topic
aeetes

Online Status: Offline
Quote aeetes Replybullet Topic: templates?
    Posted: 12 May 2009 at 9:06pm
we have SL 7 and the company who set it up formatted the reports they created to where i can only find 3 of say the 6 formatting codes. SO, i'm looking for 'canned' reports for 'advanced project management' the i can FORMAT as i please.

any help is appreciated.
IP IP Logged
aeetes

Quote aeetes Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2009 at 3:30pm
thanks. i know of those. is there a  book or tutorial that will show me how our databases are mapped? the company who set them up are 'nickel and diming' (hundred and thousand) us.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2009 at 6:57am
I don't know what you mean by formatting codes.  How a database is mapped, can be unknowable.  If it is SQL server and they have used things like foreign keys you might be able to have SQL create a picture of how your database is related.  If all you have is the report, you can check its datasource, if they are just tables, it will show how each table is linked to others in the report.  If it runs from a stored procedure, you can go into the database and look for the stored procedure, that will also tell you how the data is linked, unless they encrypted the stored proc.  finally, if they use an XML file, like I do, you are completely out of luck, unless they use several and have to link them (I don't, so determining this would be completely hopeless).

Hopefully, one of the above will help you to figure out how the report works, which isn't to say that you can make it work the way you want, but, hopefully, it is a step in right direction.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version