Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running total re-use needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Valmont

Online Status: Offline
Quote Valmont Replybullet Topic: Running total re-use needed
    Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:10am
Please observe the report below:

Pretend%20its%20a%20Crystal%20Report%20report%20footer

Pretend the values are Running Totals, placed in the report footer. A total of 18 Running Totals are created.

But the only difference between each set of 6 Running Totals is the filter "Project". It can be "Project X, Y or Z".
So I hope it's possible to create only 6 Running totals and 3 Formula's to create the filter. Then re-use the Running Totals, only modifying the formula/filter.

For only 18 Running Totals it's not a big deal, but I have 100 Running Totals, and they need to be re-used 30 times. That's makes it a total of 3000 running totals. No way I'm going to type them.
Using Sub reports is not an option. I make highly customized reports which involves a lot of coding and running total/formula creation.

Is there a way to solve this?

Gr,
Val
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2009 at 12:41pm
If you dropped a cross tab in your footer and you can group your data by "project type" you can probably create one RT per row (resetting counts on your project group level) for each of your 18 data items;nsales, involved employees, etc.
Test it with one or two and see if it works before getting too far down this path.
IP IP Logged
Valmont

Quote Valmont Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2009 at 5:06am
- The row names come from different tables.
- Exporting it to Excel with all formatting is not cool. Leaves blank columns behind. A well known, somewhat irritating, feature of CR.

So can't sure Cross Tables. With formulas and Running totals, I can fully control the final result after export...

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version