Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Converting Truncated Number to String Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
CRG2009

Online Status: Offline
Quote CRG2009 Replybullet Topic: Converting Truncated Number to String Issue
    Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 8:39am
I am having trouble with the formatting of 2 fields I would like to join.  First I am truncating an AUTO_KEY in a number format to remove the decimals using the following formula: truncate ({AUTO_KEY}) Everything works great and my number shows up as "12345"

I then want to convert the formula to a string using the following formula: cstr (truncate ({AUTO_KEY})) Everything works great and my string shows up as "12345".

I now want to add a "C" at the end of this string using the following formula: (cstr (truncate ({AUTO_KEY})) + 'C') Everything works great and my new string shows up as "12345C".

In Crystal 2008 the formatting is exactly how I want to see it.  When I open this report with another program such as Logicty Viewer, the truncating feature does not work and my field shows the decimal places again as "12345.00C".

I want to eventually convert this to a barcode and I can't have the decimal places.

I believe the problem is when the truncated AUTO_KEY is converted to a string.  Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CRG2009 - 13 Apr 2009 at 5:51pm
CRG2009
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 6:43am
You could try converting to text first then trimming the decimals and finally adding the 'C'.  something like:

totext({auto_key}, 0, "") + 'C'
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version