Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Max processing time or Max records limit reached Post Reply Post New Topic
ankitaverma

Online Status: Offline
Quote ankitaverma Replybullet Topic: Max processing time or Max records limit reached
    Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 9:59pm

hello all,

I am wrking on Crystal Reports XI. Report perfectly runs in designer.. but after i deploy it on portal, it gives me this error "Max processing time or Max records limit reached ". what can be the issue. Records read are 344289. Reply ASAP.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 12:23pm
Is this a scheduled report or view on demand?  How are you running this through the "portal"?  Is it Crystal Server?  BusinessObjects Enterprise? 

For either one, go to the CMC and check the properties of the Crystal Job Server (for scheduled reports), Crystal Page Server (for view on demand), and/or the Report Application Server (for view on demand with dynamic prompts).  Update the Max Records value - I usually set it to 0 for unlimited records - and the Max Processing Time - I usually set it to 60 minutes.

Restart the server after setting the properties.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Quote statey603 Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 3:28am
Hello,
I am getting the [Max processing time or Max record limit reached] error when viewing large reports on our BOE server [4.0 SP4] via CMC and BI Launchpad, but not from Crystal Reports 2011 via Enterprise. I guess this pretty much confirms that it is a server process setting.

I have tried changing the [Number of database records to read when previewing or refreshing a report (-1 for unlimited):] property to minus 1 and to zero but still continue to get the same error. After making the property change, I Stop, then Start the proccess.

I noticed that there is also mention of a Page Server process. I cannot seem to find one via CMC - Servers.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

-bill
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 3:55am
The Page Server is old - it was part of the BO XI system. It was replaced by the Crystal Reports Cache server.

From what you've written, it sounds like you've made the setting on the "Crystal Report Application Server". This server primarily handles dynamic prompts for Crystal Reports. Instead, you need to set the "Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing (0 for unlimited)" value on the Crystal Reports 2011 Processing Server, which handles reports that have been published from Crystal 2011. (The Crystal Reports Processing Server handles Crystal for Enterprise reports...)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Quote statey603 Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:04am
OK. I just made the proprty change [from 20000 to 0] for the [Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing] property on the CrystalReports2011ProcessingServer and no longer get the error whne viewing lengthy reports.

Thanks.

-bill
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version