Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Export to Word Post Reply Post New Topic
halbik

Online Status: Offline
Quote halbik Replybullet Topic: Export to Word
    Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 6:28am
Hi,

In my reports I'm using indentations in text objects. All is fine, but when I try to export the report into MS Word then the indentations on text objects are ignored.

Is there any way how to fix this problem?
I'm using Cystal Reports 10

Thx.

Martin
IP IP Logged
EscApe

Quote EscApe Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2007 at 4:49am
How about exporting to RTF or PDF?

RTF can be opened in Word as well as DOC, and PDF is quite a good choise for sending report via e-mail or when it needs to be printed.
IP IP Logged
halbik

Quote halbik Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2007 at 12:22pm

Export to RTF is the same as export to DOC. I need to edit exported report and PDF is hard to edit.

IP IP Logged
EscApe

Quote EscApe Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2007 at 11:06pm
OK.

Is it possible to use guidelines in report? (I think that only reason that you can't use those is if you have indented first row different way than other rows).

I tested with CR8.5 and found out that tabulators are replaced with space when exported to Word. When I used guidelines in CR to define where the text field starts, it was exported to Word as a tabulator.
IP IP Logged
halbik

Quote halbik Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2007 at 5:06am
Yes that's my problem I need to indent first line other then next lines. I've found that the indents are there but with wrong values.
This problem I've solve by simple macro in Word.

Now I have new problem. I need to edit exported document. When I type to generated frame next frames keep on the same place and edited frame is overlapped over next frame. I try some options in word but I'm not able to find any solution how to do this. When I find somethink which works, then that works for one edited frame per page, when I try to edit more frames on the same page then some frames has move to beginning of the page and overlaps.
I think the best way is to use some macro in Word to remove all frames. But is there any code which do this and keep position of text relative to page.
Remove of frames are very simple but there aren't position of text and no spaces between text, whose are made by frames.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version