Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report click on next page took time Post Reply Post New Topic
alvintiow

Online Status: Offline
Quote alvintiow Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report click on next page took time
    Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 8:39pm
Hi,

I am using
SQL server 2000 SP4 on Windows XP
Crystal Report 8.0
Crystal Enterprise 8.5

I use IIS to publish crystal report on the web, I can view the information and scroll to next page, and the following pages without any problem on the server, but when I tried to view the report from others computer, I could log in with my password, but when I click 'next', it got no response,it will only go to next page after I press the 'next' button for couple of minutes,

I already set exception in Windows firewall for all crystal report, crystal enterprise server, file and port, I also reinstall all of the SQL server, crystal report, Crystal Enterprise. I compare the setting with my working Win2K server but I could not see any problem.

Please advice what's going wrong for crystal enterprise runs on Windows XP, would it be a IIS, Intranet, firewall, SQL server 2000 or others  issue?

Edited by alvintiow - 12 Feb 2009 at 8:41pm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 12:05pm
A lot of this depends on the structure of the report itself as well as the network speed.

When Crystal Enterprise (or BOE) run a report to be viewed, it keeps the run of the report in memory in the "Page Server" part of the software if it's an on-demand report or in the Output File Repository if it's a scheduled instance - and instance is loaded into the Page Server when the user requests to view it.  When a user views the report, individual pages are sent to the "Cache Server" part of the software to be rendered for viewing - each page is sent when the user requests it not when the view request for the report comes in.  I would check the settings on your Cache Server to see how large it is (try increasing it) and how long the pages can be in the cache.

Within the report, if you are using "Page N of M" or have more than one subreport on a page, that will also slow down the report.

On the machine where CE is installed, lack of RAM and/or disk space will cause speed issues (Crystal does a LOT of swapping to disk.)  You might also want to look at defragmenting the disk(s) on this machine to see if that helps.

Then there are issues of network latency or speed through the firewall.  Also, in IIS, try turning on compression as that might help.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version