Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: printing same report mutiple times in same page Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
me-keys

Online Status: Offline
Quote me-keys Replybullet Topic: printing same report mutiple times in same page
    Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 6:18am
Hello All..

I hope I can get help.  A little background: work for a school where students that are sent by their Companies need to sign a sheet to show attendance.  We have already over 100 Companies.  The students come at diff schedule to diff classes.  We have the possibility of 50 classes/schedule combination.

some co send us 60 students, others 20 students, others 1 or 2.

Classes last 6 weeks = 30 signatures per student.

Using Access, VB & Crystal I created a signing sheet for @ co for @ schedule for @ class.  Nice, but wasting too much paper for those co that only have 1 student in the class as I would need 6 sheets for that one student.

I want Crystal to reprint my report in the same page as many times as it fits.  ie:

classroom:  A-1                    level: I
teacher: Mr Jones                start date: Jan 05/09              
Time: 8 - 10                         end date:  Feb 13/09
                                                                         Week 1 Signatures
Signatures for ABC Company        Day1                                   ..... Day 5
Ms Jones            
Ms Joneses 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I want that repeated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
classroom:  A-1                    level: I
teacher: Mr Jones                start date: Jan 05/09              
Time: 8 - 10                         end date:  Feb 13/09
                                                                         Week 1 Signatures
Signatures for ABC Company        Day1                                   ..... Day 5
Ms Jones            
Ms Joneses 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I want it repeated again if it fits in the 8 1/2 by 11 pages.

Please tell that it can be done...and please tell me how Confused

thanks
Me-Keys
We can all Hope...
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 12:24pm
Absolutely this can be done.  Here's a rough outline:

Group1 by Course.  Put course information in the group header section.
Group2 by Company.  Put company information in the group header section.
Put names in Details section.

If you want a line between companies, put a line in the Company group footer section.

If you want to print multiple courses at the same time, go to the Section Expert for the Course group footer and check "New Page After" then click on the button to the right of the check-box and type: "Not OnLastRecord"  (without the quotes - this prevents a blank page at the end of the print.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
me-keys

Quote me-keys Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 9:42am
Thanks for answering Dell. Tongue

But I am still not clear.

I have been able to get the report to run, but not able to duplicate or triplicate (if such word exists) the exact same data on the same page.

I want to print the same headers info and details info as many times as it fits on the page. 

Can this be done by Crystal ?

Thanks

We can all Hope...
IP IP Logged
ishan

Quote ishan Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 3:53am
I guess you could select the section and goto section expert. and remove the check mark from the keep group together option. And if you want it conditionally just click on the button and put in the formula. such as

if }condition} then
true
else
false

I hope this is what you wanted.

Big%20smile

Do not forget to mark it answered if it is.
Ishwor
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 8:30am
The only way I know of to get the exact same report multiple times on a page is to use subreports.  Do the first iteration of the data in the main report and then create one or more subreports that will go into group footer sections (one subreport per section) on the main report to do your subsequent copies. 

You'll have to set up a running count of the details records (reset for every group) and then figure out how that record count relates to how many subreports you need.  For example, it may be that if you have 3 attendees you can fit 3 sets on a page but if you have 4 you can only fit 2.  Once you have that figured out, you can suppress the appropriate sections based on the number of records.  For example, assuming the running count is named {#RecordCount} and using my example above, the suppress formula for the second sub report (the third copy of the data) would be something like:

{#RecordCount} > 3

-Dell
IP IP Logged
me-keys

Quote me-keys Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 2:35pm
Thank you both for answering.

Dell, I think you understand what I need.  uff!, its hard to explain. 

I tried your solution.  I created my main repot and a sub repot.  Just one to test, and insertted the sub into one of the group footers.

It brings in my sub rep, but it prints ALL the data for ALL the Companies, not just the one that it printed first at the top of the page (from the main report).  And I never saw it return to the main report :(

I am not sure if there is a way to pass a filter to the sub report so I get the exact same data just for that company, and then come back to the main report to continue with the next Company and then go off again to the sub-report.

Any idea?..Do you follow?
Could be I missed something.

thanks
We can all Hope...
IP IP Logged
despec99

Quote despec99 Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 6:35am
Originally posted by me-keys

Thank you both for answering.

Dell, I think you understand what I need.  uff!, its hard to explain. 

I tried your solution.  I created my main repot and a sub repot.  Just one to test, and insertted the sub into one of the group footers.

It brings in my sub rep, but it prints ALL the data for ALL the Companies, not just the one that it printed first at the top of the page (from the main report).  And I never saw it return to the main report :(

I am not sure if there is a way to pass a filter to the sub report so I get the exact same data just for that company, and then come back to the main report to continue with the next Company and then go off again to the sub-report.

Any idea?..Do you follow?
Could be I missed something.

thanks

Link the main report to the subreport on the "company number" to filter out all other companies but the one you want to see.

David
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 7:33am
Actually, you'll need to set up links on Class and Company.

Right-click on the subreport and select "Subreport Links".  In the top part of the screen, select  the Course id from the main report (or whatever field you're grouping on for the course) and in the bottom select the corresponding field in the subreport.  Do the same for the company identifier.  This will automatically set up a record filter in the subreport so that you should only get the data for the course/company combination from the main report.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
me-keys

Quote me-keys Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 12:13pm

Hey, will you look that!.. it worked!  Thumbs%20Up

Of course it took me hours to figure out where to find the subreport links.Embarrassed..I am running a spanish version

But it works just lovely and I couldn't be more happy....last time we had to resort to excel and can you imagine that!  it took us weeks!

so, thank you all...this issue can be marked as very efficiently resolved.

We can all Hope...
IP IP Logged
snyper19

Quote snyper19 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 9:05am
I am having the same trouble right now, I want it the same 2 tickets on the same page. I have a subreport and its right linked. but for some reason is posting on 2 different pages where the ticket that is printed is only a 7-8inch by 3 inch. below is me section expert with what is checked...someone said that it could be data but I really doubt it.

well... I've been going the Section Expert and so far I haven't found anything on the New Page Before or After or Keep Together, everything seems fine.
below is my Section Expert and what is checked.

Page Header    <-- only Keep together
   Page Header a     <-- only Keep together
   Page Header b     <-- only Keep together
   Page Header c      <-- only Keep together
Group Header #1 : Ticket.pro_code - A  <-- only Keep together & Suppress
Details      <-- only Free-Form Placement
   Details a     <-- only Keep together
   Details b     <-- only Keep together
   Details c      <-- only Keep together
Group Footer #1: Ticket.pro_code - A    <-- only Keep together & Suppress
Page Footer      <-- only Keep together(Gray out)  & Suppress
Report Footer   <-- only New Page After (Gray out)
   Report Footer a     <-- only Keep together
   Report Footer b     <-- only Keep together

Edited by snyper19 - 16 Jul 2009 at 9:08am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version