Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Creating ID Card using Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
fritzjeran

Online Status: Offline
Quote fritzjeran Replybullet Topic: Creating ID Card using Crystal Report
    Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 9:06pm
Good day,

Im confused as to how I could a report using Crystal Report that would print and ID. Here are my questions:

1. As we know ID Card has to be printed on front and back page, how can we achieve this in Crystal Report?

2. ID Card has small size so if you put it on an A4 Size paper, you would have many ID Card considering the back page, and also Crystal report by default loads the data vertically by row on Detail Area.. but how about horizontally where i could put 2 or 3 IDs in a row where i have data on each ID:    Picture, name, Address, etc(related to id)...

hope somebody has an idea...

thanks

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 3:45pm

For the ID's themselves, when you create a new report, use the "Mailing Label" option.  If you're using a standard Avery form for the ID's, it should be in the list of available options.  If not, you can set up a User Defined label with the size information specific to the cards you're using.

Because of the way that data is processed, you may not be able to print the front and the back from the same report, and if the back of the card is not exactly the same for everyone, you're going to have a hard time matching the backs up with the front because the cards will be aranged right-to-left when you look at the back of them. 

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version