Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: 3 subreports running simultaneously Post Reply Post New Topic
Vithi5

Online Status: Offline
Quote Vithi5 Replybullet Topic: 3 subreports running simultaneously
    Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 5:25am
Hi all,

Hope you guys can help me.

I'm trying to create a crystal report in which i need to create 3 subreports.  When running it, the document number comes up 3 times and generates the data separately.  I would like it to have 1 document number and all 3 subreports to generate the data simultaneously.

is it possible in crystal?
Let me know
Thank you.
Vithi
Thank you.
Vithi
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 6:15am
I am not sure what you are mean by 'comes up'.  A subreport will hit your database again, so for 1 entry in your report there will be 4 hits to the database...

If this is what you mean, then, no the report will not retrieve the data all at once, (reiterating) it will gather the data for the main report and as it comes across each subreport it will apply the links and gather the data for the subreport...and so on.

Since I pass into the report an XML dataset, multiple hits aren't a concern as they no longer hit the database, as the XML file has all the data, but I haven't had call of late to use subreports.  It took a bit a work to get everything set, but afterwards it is cut and paste to call the report and the hits to the database are ALWAYS 1.

Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar

Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 6:15am
Yes

How are you passing the document number from Main report to Subreports Also how are you linking the document number to subreports.

Go to Subreports Right Click Select Change Subreport Links in Field(s) to link to select the documentnumber from main report a prameter will be created on left had side Subreport Parameter Field to be used.

Go to Record Selection formula of 3 subreport individually
 and check for

{Table.DocumentNumber}={?Pm-Table.DocumentNumber}

Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version