Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: New report not recognizing passed database and par Post Reply Post New Topic
absavino

Online Status: Offline
Quote absavino Replybullet Topic: New report not recognizing passed database and par
    Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 7:13am
Hi,

I have a VB6 app that interfaces with CR. This app can be run on different databases, which are alike. There is one database per customer. When a report is executed from VB6, the report will pick up the current db and passed params and return a report with the correct data.

Everything worked great until a report that I just created. When this report is called, regardless of the current database or the params passed, it always uses the db source that I used when I designed the report and the params that I set up in the Database Expert for testing. The other reports still work correctly so this error is a CR problem specific to the new report.

Does anyone have any suggestions why the new report does not dynamically pick up the passed db and params but instead uses the db and params that were used during testing?

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 1:46pm
Do you have "Save Data With Report" turned on?  If so, turn it off, re-save the report and try again.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version