Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Database Vendor Code 208 Post Reply Post New Topic
BMackKC

Online Status: Offline
Quote BMackKC Replybullet Topic: Database Vendor Code 208
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 10:08am
I am using CR 2008. The database environment is SQL Server 2000. I have written several report, connecting via ODBC, which work fine. All reports are viewed from a VB.NET app. My latest report works on my development box, but when I migrate it to the server, the viewer throws an error: Failed to retrieve data from the database Database Vendor Code 208

At first, I thought this was going to be caused by the fact that the ODBC connection is pointing to MyDatabase, and the production database does not yet contain the new tables I created, so I changed the DSN to point to MyDatabase_DEV, which does have my new tables.

The query works in Query Analyzer. I have no idea what Database Vendor Code 208 means, so I'm not even sure where to look to find the problem.

On the VB side, I am instantiating the Report Viewer with the same code I use for my other reports. That being said, it works on my computer, but not the server.

Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:39am
"Database Vendor Code" means that this is the error code coming from the database.  So, you need to look for Error Code 208 in the SQL Server 2000 documentation. 

-Dell
IP IP Logged
BMackKC

Quote BMackKC Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:50am

When I was building the report viewer with the object model, it was overwriting the database selection in the ODBC DSN and was still pointing to the old database. Updated the code in my VB, and it works fine. Thanks for the rpely.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version