Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Pulling from existing DB Post Reply Post New Topic
enilc

Online Status: Offline
Quote enilc Replybullet Topic: Pulling from existing DB
    Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 2:13pm
I need advice on how to implement Crystal Reports within VB using SQL 2000 as back-end.

I have stored procedure that I intend using with my Crystal Report. What I want to do is to use VB forms to pass parameters to my Report, what is easiest way to do this?

Is this the most economical way (code-wise) to implement this?  The issue is that I am trying to write custom reports for an existing DB with quite complicated procedures already written.  Pulling the data from the tables would be difficult for me, starting from scratch.  I'd much rather use the procedures that exist in the DB, and use CR to manipulate the output.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2006 at 11:06am
When you create a report based on a stored proc with parameters, CR automatically creates the parameters that are needed to map to the stored proc. When you build the VB form you have to get the data from the user, create the report object, and then populate the parameter collection with what the user entered. I have sample VB.NET code in my CR.NET book, but unfortunately I haven't decided to put that book online yet for free. So you would have to get it from Amazon to see the sample code. Sorry. 
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version