Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Encountered Error "Not enough memory for operation Post Reply Post New Topic
mysty

Online Status: Offline
Quote mysty Replybullet Topic: Encountered Error "Not enough memory for operation
    Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 1:11pm
Hi, anyone encountered the error message "Not enough memory for operation" while trying to schedule a report? Any solution or suggestion I can look into? Smile  
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 1:23pm
Where are you trying to schedule the report - BusinessObjects Enterprise?  Crystal Server?

How are you scheduling it?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mysty

Quote mysty Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 10:52pm
Crystal Server.

I wanted to schedule it to save the report in excel format and send to my email on a daily basis.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 6:49am
How much memory do you have on the machine where Crystal Server (CRS) is running?  How much available disk space on the C drive?  Processing in Crystal can be very disk-intensive if the report is large and Crystal is not always very good at cleaning up after itself - especially when there's an error in a report.  On the server where CRS is running, take a look in C:\Documents and Settings\<user ID for CRS>\Local Settings\Temp and clear out any .rpt files dated earlier than the current date to free up some disk space.

-Dell

Edited by hilfy - 23 Mar 2007 at 6:58am
IP IP Logged
mysty

Quote mysty Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 1:34am
Hi Hilfy, I have already cleared out the files in the Temp folder but I still could not generate the report. I see that Crystal Reporter has no problem generating other reports that query from very large database. 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 2007 at 6:22am
Hmmm...I'm a little stuck on this one... 

Can you schedule the report just as a report - i.e., without the export?  Can you schedule it with the export but without the email?  In other words, break the scheduling down in to pieces and see if there is a specific option or combination of options you're choosing that's causing the problem.

Also, make sure that the user ID that the CRS services is running under has access to the folder where you're trying to save the exported file.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mysty

Quote mysty Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 10:39pm
Hi, managed to resolve the problem. It was caused by not defining the database password. Initially didnt know that what I had defined earlier was not mapped onto the report.

Anyway thanks for your knowledge shared.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version