Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: The layout by the end user??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Kanesh

Online Status: Offline
Quote Kanesh Replybullet Topic: The layout by the end user???
    Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 3:57am
Hi all,

Im new in crystalreports and have maded some basic reports with visualstudio(c#).
I was wondering whether there is a way to let the user to make/change the layout of the Crystal Reports???

Thanx.

Edited by Kanesh - 24 Jun 2008 at 4:01am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 2:47pm

They need to have a report designer installed on their desktop. This either means that you give them a copy of VS.NET (definitely NOT a good idea), or get them a copy of CR 2008 to do standalone report design.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Kanesh

Quote Kanesh Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 9:38am
Hi BrianBischof,
Thanx a lot for your response. However i have to know more about the option to give a copy of CR 2008 to the users.
How does it work?? i have to make the queries and they can choose/design the layout ???
As i said im new in this and i will be greatfull if you tell me how it works or where can i find more info about that???

Thanx.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 10:20am
Yes, you either have to make the queries or show them the tables they need to use to pull data from. You could also create new reports where you just build the data source for them and then give that report to the user so they can work on designing the report. It really depends on how capable the user is with selecting tables and joining them to determine how much you need to do in advance.

To learn more about Crystal, I have tutorials in my Encyclopedia book. I'm writing about .NET 2005/2008 in Volume 2 (due out in a few months, but I have chapters online). You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.

Edited by BrianBischof - 25 Jun 2008 at 10:21am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Kanesh

Quote Kanesh Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 11:11am
Brian,

Thanx again for reply. I will diffenatly read the tutorials.

Edited by Kanesh - 25 Jun 2008 at 3:18pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version