Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Check record/customer info availability from diffe Post Reply Post New Topic
zulfe

Online Status: Offline
Quote zulfe Replybullet Topic: Check record/customer info availability from diffe
    Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:13pm

Hello group,

I am facing problem in checking information from two different files. I have two different files (A & B) which have customer information, I want to put the condition check record from file(A) if record not found then check the same record from file(B) and show the result in a variable. Please let me know if anybody has done thanks in advance.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 3:27pm
I would do an outer join with the two tables and link them on the Customer Id. That way you will see if both tables either have the data or if one of the fields has a null value. You can use a formula to determine to print the one that isn't null.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
zulfe

Quote zulfe Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 1:03am

Thank you very much; I am very new to Crystal report. Used the left outer join it is working fine, kindly write the formula to print. Currently I did the fields overlap.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version