Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need help translating SQL query into CR8.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
57burb

Online Status: Offline
Quote 57burb Replybullet Topic: Need help translating SQL query into CR8.5
    Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 2:14pm
First post, thank you for offering this site.

My question is in regards to Crystal 8.5, which I must use for application compatibility.

I am trying to build an estimate template to report on our database.

We estimate up to six quantities, and each is defined in the [qty no] field with a value 1 through 6.

Pricing rates and totals are different for each of the six quantities.  The proper SQL syntax for returning the quoted price for, say, qty no 2 is below.

select [quoted price] from dbo.pricing

where

[qty no] = '2'

How do I write this VERY basic statement in Crystal 8.5 syntax?

Thank you!
Danny
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 7:01pm
I need a little more explanation. Do you just want to display one price quote on the report and let the user pick which one (1-6)? Or do you want to display each price quote and the number associated with it.

I think you just want to pick one price quote. If so, you can use the record selection formula tool (I forget the menu item where it is located in CR 8.5) and when it opens you can pick the field to filter on (quoted price) and then set whether it is equal to a fixed number (2 in this case) or a user entered parameter. If you want the user to enter the value, then you need to create a number parameter and set the record selection field equal to that.

Is any of this what you are looking for?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version