Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: how can i change text color based on result value Post Reply Post New Topic
ji_stan

Online Status: Offline
Quote ji_stan Replybullet Topic: how can i change text color based on result value
    Posted: 30 Mar 2008 at 5:04am

hi
how can i write a formulae that changes the color of the text based on the value. ie, results from a database return values of sales made this week.
example: teddy bears: Mon   Tue   Wed  Thurs
____________________5___3____1____0
__________barbie dolls:4____2____2____1

how can i change the color of the numbers to RED if they are 2 or lower on the report?   so if in case of teddy bears,wed & thurs results would be in Red, mon and tue in default black.

anyone know how to go about doing this?
cheers.

gg
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2008 at 1:34pm
This is pretty easy and I give lots of examples of conditional formatting of reports in my Encyclopedia book. On the report object, right-click on it and select Format Object. Find the property you want to modify (Font tab, Color) and click on the Formula Workshop button to the right (it has a pencil on it). Then enter something like the following formula:
if {table.salesfield}<=2 then
    crRed
else
   DefaultAttribute;

You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version