Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross tab report issue Post Reply Post New Topic
pellis

Online Status: Offline
Quote pellis Replybullet Topic: Cross tab report issue
    Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 5:33pm
Hi,
I am fairly new to Crystal Reports.  I am creating a cross tab report and the problem that I have is 'What is the best way to show fields from different tables as columns?'  I have a customer table that contains customer info and I need to link two more tables that all have the same primary keys.  The rows will be pulled from the customer table.  I need to pull data from 2 or more tables as the columns, but my boss wants to see it as if all the data is contained in one field to create the column(i.e. only a single row of columns going accross).  Is that a way to do this or is there sql code I should write to accomplish this?  Thanks.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pellis
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 11:35am
I'm confused about the requirements. You mention using a cross-tab, but cross-tabs are best used when printing summary functions. It sounds like all you need to do is join the tables together and then drop the appropriate fields in the Details section and give them column headers. That way all the fields will appear on the same row.

Does this help at all?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version