Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text cut off from textfield instead of wrapped Post Reply Post New Topic
ducktape

Online Status: Offline
Quote ducktape Replybullet Topic: Text cut off from textfield instead of wrapped
    Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 11:00am

Hello,

situation : im using CR9 to create some PDF's. I have several master reports that all use the same subreport.

I have a problem with textfields that do not correctly break lines. It cuts off a little bit of text on some lines, 1 character max.
I've tried changing the font size, the font, the boundaries of the textfield and of the subreport. Nothing seems to have much effect on the problem.

I found a similar topic here (http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=182), where was suggested there was a problem with the text (since the right border of my textfield doesn't even come close to the margin of the master report or the page).  But I don't really see what could be wrong with my text.

Anybody got any ideas on what the problem could be and how i could solve this?

IP IP Logged
kumar

Quote kumar Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 1:56am

Right click the text box and select properties ..in the properties select "can grow" option. and click on OK

IP IP Logged
ducktape

Quote ducktape Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 2:15am
thanks for your reply, but this option is already on.
IP IP Logged
ducktape

Quote ducktape Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 3:43am
After some investigating I found that this only happens on the live version of the application.
The font-size is default 1 point larger on the live version, which may cause the problem.

Local setup is Visual Studio 2003 standard, with Crystal Reports 9 add-in, on Windows 2003 server.
Live setup is Windows 2003 server with Crystal Reports 9 standard edition.
Is it possible that the difference in font-size is related to the setup? Anyone had this problem before and might give me a clue on how to fix it?

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version