Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Invalid Argument Provided Post Reply Post New Topic
mrc161

Online Status: Offline
Quote mrc161 Replybullet Topic: Invalid Argument Provided
    Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 6:48am
Hello.  This question may be too general to answer, but if someone could offer any guess or suggestion, it would be appreciated.

I have a report that was working fine, that is suddenly no longer running, giving me an error message that states "Invalid Argument Provided."  I get no follow-up message to tell me what the Invalid Argument is, so I don't have any real way of researching what might've changed that is making the report stop running.

It reads records for a while, and then just halts and the message pops up.  Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong?  The report has parameters, and what's really strange is that if I use a from and thru date of 02/01/08 thru the current day, it'll run.  But then I'll refresh and use a from date of 01/01/08 thru the current day, and I get this message.

I thought maybe I was dividing something by zero or that there may be some other calculation giving it grief in the report, but I'm not doing any sort of calculations like this in this report.

I realize "Invalid Argument Provided" is pretty generic, but unfortunately it's all I have to go on, and any guess as to what I might look into would be appreciated!  Thanks, Mike
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 5:27pm
I'm guessing that the database has some type of invalid data prior to 2/1/08. I would try more date ranges and make them smaller and smaller ranges to see if you can find a specific day that causes the problem. Then look in the database to see if you see anything unusual on that day.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version